Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Painting

I have recently switched from painting with acrylics to oil painting. Originally, I did my paintings in oil. Recently, I changed to acrylics because I work indoors at Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply. It was a simpler clean up and washes out of clothes, etc. easily. However, I think oil will work well it seems as I have a painting space to work at. And, oil does have its benefits with the much longer drying time. Here I am working on a Blue Ridge Parkway painting. This tree is not far from the southern end of the parkway near the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I am currently working on 3 oil paintings and hope to complete 10 all together by this time next month. Meanwhile, I still spend a lot of time with photography and my other duties at Mountain Nature & Wild Bird Supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment