Saturday, November 5, 2011

New Found Skills

I am learning new tricks in Photoshop CS5. However, I have applied what I have learned so far to this advertisment for Mountain Nature, Inc. using my PC with a Photoshop Elements 6. Here is how it was done.
1. I shot the photo on Automatic inside Mountain Nature using my Nikon D80 with on board flash. The bears were set up in a slant back cabinet by Cody Road Workshops that we sell here. 
2, The light balance was shot in Automatic under a mixture of lights. Using camera RAW I edited the white balance by looking at the setup and comparing with the shelf.
3. Next I corrected the lens distortion to straighten the frame.
4. Then I cropped it to make it square.
5. I then selected the top part of the frame and flipped it to make the bottom part of the frame.
6. I had to adjust the bottom part of the frame to make it line up.
7. It was too long so I had to select the overage and delete it from the frame.
8. Then I selected the outer bounds of the photo and cropped it, again.
9. After that I added the frame by adding extra canvas size and selecting the orange color off one of the bears.
10. And finally, I added the extra canvas size by selecting the green color from the cabinet part of the photo itself.

If you have any questions on how any of these steps are done in Photoshop CS5 or Elements leave a note here. I will be glad to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment